Mobile menu

QA Check Feature in SDL
Thread poster: Silvina

Local time: 15:55
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 7, 2007

I have to make a QA to 2 split files in SDL. It was a unique file that was split in 2 to be translated by two translators at the same time due to tight time frame and length and file. We had to follow a glossary and reference material.
So now I have the two split files ready and translated and want to make a QA Review of them. In SDL there is an option that it QA check for reviewing incomplete translations, inconsistencies, etc. When I tried to browse the files (0001 & 002) just to start the QA process (File List > Add Selection) and click Check there is a message that says:
No log file has been entered. The QA process can not continue without a valid log file being specified.

Anybody oo you have ever used this option and could advice me accordingly about what I am doing wrong please?

Thanks so much in advance! I really need any wise word.

Best regards and nice weekend!

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:55
English to German
+ ...
Specify a log file on the Options tab Jul 8, 2007

Hi Silvina,

You just need to specify a log file on the Options tab (at the bottom of the tab under Filename). All issues that are found during the QA process will be logged there.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QA Check Feature in SDL

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2015
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software.

SDL MultiTerm 2015 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2015 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs