Mobile menu

Workbench is not running
Thread poster: Silvia Gentili

Silvia Gentili  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:57
English to Spanish
Jul 9, 2007

Hello I have Trados 7 and Word 2003 and Windows Vista and when I try to open a segment in word it appears a windows "Workbench is not running” …I disabled my firewall because it happened to me that before that it was the firewall which blocked the workbench ….but it does not work either ….what is more when I try to open TagEditor, it automatically closes...I have installed it and uninstall it many time, but it does not work.
I thank you very much any help

Regards
Silvia gentili

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:57
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Trados 7 is NOT supposed to run with Vista Jul 9, 2007

Only the latest version (SDL Trados 2007 or Trados 8) supports Vista. SDL states clearly, that you cannot expect earlier versions to run smoothly with Vista - no wonder, because as they were released Vista was still an unborn baby.
I'm afraid there is no better help for you than to upgrade to the latest version of Trados.
The fact, that some people were indeed able to run Trados 7 on Vista does not help really, because this is not supported by the producer.
This is as would you try to drive a diesel car with gas - it might work, though the manufacturer will certainly reject any claims for possible damage.

Regards
Jerzy

Narcis Lozano Drago  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe it's an obvious question, but... Jul 9, 2007

Are you sure you have Workbench open (that is, executing) before using the button/key combination for "Open TU"?

Or do you mean that Word/TagEditor does not detect that Workbench is running?

Regards.

Silvia Gentili  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:57
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Workbench is not running Jul 9, 2007

In fact I have SDL Trados 2007 and I have been already working with this Trados in Vista OS, this started to happen 2 days ago ....
Well, Narcis when I try open TagEditor, there appears a windows that says "TagEditor does not detect Workbench running", and then if I want to open a segment in Word, of course with the Workbench window opened, a windows pops up telling Workbench is not running ..

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, but... Jul 9, 2007

Silvia Gentili wrote:

Hello I have Trados 7 and Word 2003 and Windows Vista and when I try to open a segment in word it appears a windows "Workbench is not running” …I disabled my firewall because it happened to me that before that it was the firewall which blocked the workbench ….but it does not work either ….what is more when I try to open TagEditor, it automatically closes...I have installed it and uninstall it many time, but it does not work.
I thank you very much any help

Regards
Silvia gentili

When you post to this forum, the following hint appears:
IMPORTANT: When asking for help, please quote the full version number of each software package that is relevant to your posting. Thank you.

I would have saved my time then...
Jerzy

Anatolich  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:57
English to Russian
+ ...
Workbench is not running Jun 28, 2011

Once I found myself in a similar situation.
I found out that nothing like changing the sequence of starting Word and Workbench and even restarting the computer helps. But one thing does:
I closed all Word documents and started Word clicking its shortcut on the desktop.
In the new file a typed a string of characters and opend a segment. It worked.
And after that it worked in all other documents too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench is not running

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs