Mobile menu

Can't use Multiterm Import. Is Trados 7 compatible with Office 2003?
Thread poster: mariale125

Local time: 13:32
English to Spanish
Jul 10, 2007

Hi everyone, I’m having a little problem with Multiterm. I'm new al using Trados. At the beginning everything was fine, in fact I have successfully imported many glossaries. Those glossaries were created using the University’s computers (Trados 7) unfortunately I don’t know the Microsoft Office version. As everybody recommends I'm careful with the headers in the excel file so they are absolutely identical to the index field labels in the termbase definition. Now, at home, using my computer ( Trados 7, Office 2003, Windows XP) and following the same steps as usual I can only import the glossaries I created when using the university' computer. When I tried to import a glossary (3 colums or more) created in my computer the program doesn't work or doesn´t import all ther terms despite the fact that multiterm convert has converted all the terms of the glossary. Fortunately Workbench, Tag Editor and creating termbases with Multiterm work fine.

In the first case the import process stops at 95% and the following message appears: “-Microsoft Visual C+ + Runtime Library - Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\MultiTerm\Multiterm.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.”

Are those programs incompatibles? I have uninstalled and reinstalled Trados and Multiterm, restarted the PC but nothing worked. I have no idea of what’s going on! Any suggestions, recommendations or comments are welcome.
Please let me know if further information is necessary ,

Thanks in advance!
My best regards from Peru!,
Maria Alejandra

[Editado a las 2007-07-10 02:13]

[Editado a las 2007-07-10 02:14]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:32
English to Swedish
+ ...
Ask Trados official support Jul 10, 2007

Hi Maria,

Yes, in general Trados 7 is fully compatible with Office 2003.

But: This sounds like a job for the official Trados support.
The way you describe it seems like some garbage chars are messing up the import. Did you try calling or mailing SDL?

You can also post the error report through the help system at:

Post their answer here, it would be interesting to hear what they say...

Local time: 13:32
English to Spanish
Thanks, Jan Jul 10, 2007

Hi Jan,
I didn't mail SDL about my problem, so thanks for your advice. And don't worry I will let you know their answer. . . Hopefully they can help me. But before mailing SDL, I'm going to uninstall and reinstall Office 2003, and unistall and reinstall Trados and Multiterm (again) if it doesn't work I will definitely call for SDL support!!

Thanks for the link,

María Alejandra

[Editado a las 2007-07-10 16:09]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't use Multiterm Import. Is Trados 7 compatible with Office 2003?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs