https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/7799-problem_with_analyze_function_trados_50_freelance.html

Problem with Analyze function - TRADOS 5.0 Freelance
Thread poster: Irina Popova
Irina Popova
Irina Popova  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:24
Member (2011)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Jan 18, 2003

I have a problem with analyzing a document for repetitions in TRADOS 5.0 Freelance.

The TRADOS analysis reports that almost all of the words are 100% matches, while the actual situation is that 100% matches are about 20% of the words.

Do you have some idea why is that so and how can I count the matches correctly?

Thanks,

Irina

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 14:24
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Analysis Jan 19, 2003

I would think your document has already been incorporated in your TM that was used as a basis of word count analysis.

If you cannot get it right, you may try this:

1. Delete your TM with all the related files (about 6 or 7 files altogether).

2. Create a brand new TM in the given language pair.

3. Run an analysis on all your previous files for the given client.

4. Clear these files from the analysis, check the box that says \"Use TM from previous
... See more
I would think your document has already been incorporated in your TM that was used as a basis of word count analysis.

If you cannot get it right, you may try this:

1. Delete your TM with all the related files (about 6 or 7 files altogether).

2. Create a brand new TM in the given language pair.

3. Run an analysis on all your previous files for the given client.

4. Clear these files from the analysis, check the box that says \"Use TM from previous analysis\", then add your new file that you want to analyse.

5. Analyse. Now you must have a correct word count, with correct distribution among the various percentage categories.

6. View log file. You may want to delete the log for previous files, leaving only the last one. Save under a different name. You can send this to your client.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Analyze function - TRADOS 5.0 Freelance

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »