Mobile menu

TRADOS menu and toolbar disappear in WORD
Thread poster: roak
roak
United States
German to English
Jul 12, 2007

Hi,
I have the SDL Trados 2006 and 2007 versions installed. When using the version required, I register the version first.

I wanted to work on a WORD docuemnt today and sufddenly I find that the Trafos toolbar is not seen. The menubar also does not show Trados. On clicking the toolbars in the View menu, I see that the Trados toolbar that used to be seen earlier, is not there anymore.
Note that the trados has not been uninstalled on this system and the existing memories (ie. tmw files) open normally. What could be the hitch?

Thanks in advance for your help

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:55
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Just check if the proper template is activated Jul 12, 2007

and please use the forum search function - I'm pretty sure there are also other answers to your question here.

Jerzy

roak
United States
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Had already done that Jul 12, 2007

Jerzy, I had already checked the template under Tools>> Templates and Add-Ins. However it frequently seems to disappear on its own which is worrying. Any way to resolve this permanently?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:55
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Does not happen to me Jul 12, 2007

Maybe it is because you are using both Trados versions?
Could you try just leaving only one Trados template in your Word startup folder? Only the one for Trados 2007? it is called Trados8.dot
Then set it to be read-only. When Word should ask you for saving changes in it, reset the read-only status, save the changes once then and set it again to read-only.

Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS menu and toolbar disappear in WORD

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs