Thread poster: Cagdas Karatas
Cagdas Karatas
Cagdas Karatas  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:36
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
Jul 13, 2007

Perhaps, this is a trivial question but I have come across something odd (for me) with Trados 6.5. Why does Trados not hide the source segments that I have already translated and show both the source and target segments together? - There is the mark < o ) between the segments - This view mode is not the one that I am accustomed to. How can I switch to the mode where source segments are hidden automatically after pressing Alt + + ?

[Edited at 2007-07-13 23:16]

set-systems
set-systems
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Hide source segments Jul 13, 2007

Dear Cagdas,

If you are working on MS Word, there is a function "Hide/Show" (hidden characters). Use this for hiding source segments (and other hidden elements on a file or show the same.

Kolay gelsin
Rafet

Cagdas Karatas
Cagdas Karatas  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Rafet Jul 13, 2007

İyi çalışmalar. Sevgiler...

Hilde Granlund
Hilde Granlund  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 18:36
English to Norwegian
+ ...
I have the opposite problem Jul 16, 2007

And I can't find the hide/show option.
Suddenly, when I translated a document, and was finished - the source text disappeared, and I can no longer make it visible. So then - how can i revise??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to hide translated source segments?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »