Mobile menu

Is anyone using SDL Trados 2006 Freelance on Word 2007?
Thread poster: Iván Madrigal

Iván Madrigal  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:26
English to Spanish
Jul 16, 2007

Hi everyone,

Currently I´m using SDL Trados 2006 Freelance on Office 2003. Now I have the possibility to upgrade to Office 2007, but I´d like to know first if anyone has any reserves or bad experiences about this combination...
What I would be using most is SDL Trados Translator Workbench (2006 Freelance) and Word 2007, precisely.

Any opinion or thought is appreciated, many thanks to everyone.

Cheers,
Iván

Direct link Reply with quote

RWSTranslation
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Possibly no Jul 16, 2007

Hello,

Office 2007 will be possible with SDL Trados 2007.

Regards

Hans

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Good point Jul 16, 2007

I wasn´t aware of this, thanks Hans!

Setti Mulari  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 05:26
Member (2005)
Finnish to English
Hope you've not upgraded yet... Jul 17, 2007

http://www.proz.com/topic/70046

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
No, I was doing some research beforehand Jul 17, 2007

Thanks Setti.
No, I didn't upgrade yet, I wanted first to know what the general feeling was, and it looks like I won't be doing it in a near future...
I have a powerful "home use" laptop full of movies, music, etc with Vista Ultimate installed where I might get Office 2007 and download the trial version of the new Trados and subsequent patches they might release, but until I am not satisfied with the result, that is; speed, no hangings or crashes and all plugins fully "social with each other", my production kits will keep having Office 2003 and SDL Trados Freelance 2006.
I just fancied a change of look and get somehow updated on the new technologies, but it seems like it's not the right time yet, ah well...

Cheers,
I

cbiggie
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
stuck with Vista Oct 21, 2007

sadly at the moment am stuck with Windows Vista and the 2007 Office package to go with it...will i ever be able to get Trados 7 freelance to befriend it..?

cheers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is anyone using SDL Trados 2006 Freelance on Word 2007?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs