MultiTerm word dictionary export russian characters are lost in the final word document
Thread poster: andruschi
andruschi
Local time: 02:58
German to Russian
Jul 17, 2007

I exported entries from german-russian termbase into word dictionary rtf format, without getting any error alarm, but after opening the created file in word all russian characters are displayed as ??? or cryptic signs, which nobody can read. I guess there is a problem with the russian fonts, but I cannot solve the problems. Does anybody know this problem or can help me?
Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
HTML Table? Jul 17, 2007

Try exporting to a HTML table or even a plain text file. In both cases the file should be exported with UTF-8 encoding and the Russian characters should be preserved.

HTH

Piotr

andruschi
German to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
HTML table Jul 18, 2007

Thanks Piotr,
I did. It works, but I need the termbase in a classic dictionary format for printing and mailing.

Andrea

Owen Davies
Japan
Local time: 09:58
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Word Default Fonts Jul 19, 2007

Hi Andrea,
Is the default font in Word correct?
Open a file, double-click on the Language displayed along the bottom of the file, and the Language window should be displayed.
Select the appropriate Russian and set it as the default.
Might help...
Good luck!
Owen

andruschi
German to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Word default Fonst Jul 19, 2007

Thanks, Owen,
but iit did not help. What I see looks like that: æå?íñêèé ïîðòíî?é.

Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm word dictionary export russian characters are lost in the final word document

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs