Thread poster: Angela Dickson

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:14
French to English
+ ...
Jul 17, 2007

Hello all,
I've just bought a new laptop and want to use Trados 7.1 on it - it is currently running in demo mode, as I used my two licences on my main PC and my old laptop. I know it's possible to get a third licence file and have used the contact form on translationzone.com to request this - but have got no answer.

Does anyone know of an email address/phone number of an individual or department within SDL that deals with this? I would like an answer rather more quickly than they've dealt with me so far.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 20:14
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
does not hurt... Jul 17, 2007

if you copy the license file over to your new laptop and just try. Nobody will know...

Regards

smo

Quattro
United States
Local time: 11:14
Might need a third license as well Jul 18, 2007

I will definitely follow this thread. I have Trados 2006 Freelance and have used the license file on my desktop and laptop, but I plan to replace my laptop with a new one within the near future. I am also considering an upgrade to Trados 2007 for my new laptop.

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:14
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jul 19, 2007

Vito Smolej wrote:

if you copy the license file over to your new laptop and just try. Nobody will know...

Regards

smo

In fact, Vito, that's what SDL support told me to do, and I did it and it worked. It's a lot less complicated than I thought.

Not sure if I could, in theory, now use my copy of Trados on 3 PCs (not that I'd want to, as my old laptop is horrendously slow).

thanks for the suggestion though! And I hope this proves helpful for Marie-Louise.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Third Trados 7.1 licence for use on new laptop

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs