Thread poster: Alexandra Timmis

Alexandra Timmis
Germany
Local time: 02:53
English to German
+ ...
Jul 17, 2007

Not my day today!

I have just finished a large project and wanted to clean up. It starts off as usual, then the above mentioned error appears and Workbench closes down!

I have read the previous posts on here but they don't really apply in may case as I am using Word (previous problems occured using PPT and XLS files).

I have copied and pasted the contents to a new document, to no avail, and I have renamed the file to "test clean.doc". The latter worked better (cleaned up 56%) but then also crashed.

Has anyone got any ideas at all?
Thanks very much,
Alex

Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 7.x Freelance
XP, MS Word 2002

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:53
English to Dutch
+ ...
Try rtf or cleanup in Word Jul 17, 2007

Hi Alex

I often encounter problems with Cleanup of doc files. Usually I can solve it by storing the same file in rtf format and then cleaning up that file.

The size of RTF files can be quite big, so this does not always work. There is a cleanup in word called tw4winClean which you can find under Macros. The only snag is that it doesn't update the TM, but that might not be a problem.

Good luck!

Alexandra Timmis
Germany
Local time: 02:53
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jul 18, 2007

Hi Marinus,

Thanks very much for your help. I have managed to “solve” the problem now. The first file (in the end there were two that didn’t work) I had to re-do completely. I came across a figure caption which changed from “figure 20” to “figure-{}-20” when I clicked to open it. I then overwrote the word with the translation, not using Trados, and it seems to have done the trick!

I cleaned the second translation, which I could manually convert to rtf and then clean the normal way, but not in Word, using the TW4Win Macro. Thanks very much for the tip!

Thanks again very much,
Alex

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

clean-up error (31104): Key already exists

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs