Thread poster: Lenah Susianty

Lenah Susianty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:16
Member (2004)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Jul 19, 2007

Hi every one, I am a new user of SDL Trados, so I do need a lot of help! please!

Anyway, I've just received documents in words, so I open create new project in SDL Trados 2007, everything is o.k. And then I click the start button which says: open the first file in the appropriate translation editor.
It opened in tag editor. I was expecting it would be the workbench. So how it happened? it it because the documents have also diagrams and pictures in them? or?

It works fine however I am just not sure whether I am using a right translation editor in SDL Trados 2007.

Thanks !

Direct link Reply with quote

Annelise Meyer  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:16
English to French
+ ...
just open your file in Word if you want to work within Word Jul 19, 2007

Hi Lenah,

having SDL Trados 2007, you can translate your file in 3 different UIs: either SDLX, Word or TagEditor. If you have a Trados TM, then you can use it directly within Word or TagEditor. TagEditor allows you to translate many file formats, doc files inclusive.
If you are wholly new to CAT tools, I'd recommend you start within Word: to do that, simply open your TM within Translator's Workbench. Then open your file in Word by double-clicking it (there is no need to use the project feature in SDL Trados) and use the Trados icons to open and translate the file. It is just that simple

Good luck

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

word document but tag editor opens automatically

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs