Thread poster: Sabine Ide

Sabine Ide  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:00
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jul 20, 2007

Hello!

I am just translating a big word-document. I did the translation with the TagEditor. When I tried to convert the document back to word, it did not work. So I started the QA-Checker, which told me "Missing bookmark end". Then it crashes.
So, how could I find this missing bookmark end and resolve the problem?

Thanks for your help! Sabine

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Try Tag Verification Jul 20, 2007

Sabine Ide wrote:

Hello!

I am just translating a big word-document. I did the translation with the TagEditor. When I tried to convert the document back to word, it did not work. So I started the QA-Checker, which told me "Missing bookmark end". Then it crashes.
So, how could I find this missing bookmark end and resolve the problem?

Thanks for your help! Sabine

In TagEditor a bookmark is a tag, too, so this functionality will tell you where a tag is missing.

HTH

Piotr

xxxOlaf
English to German
Convert to RTF and test-clean Jul 20, 2007

You could try to convert your document to an RTF file and then test-clean it to find the missing tag. To convert your file to RTF open it in Tag Editor, press CTRL+A to select all the text then copy the selection to the clipboard and paste it into a blank word doc. Save the word doc as an RTF file (Word 95/6.0 format). Create a blank TM and clean the rtf doc. You should get an error message about missing marks.
Use the following article to find the problematic translation unit and fix the same TU in the .ttx file.

HowTo: Fixing missing/damaged delimiting marks.
http://www.sdl.com/trados-support-view.htm?cntID=470

Olaf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor: Missing bookmark end

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs