SDL lite 2005 (Build 5034) Autopropagate in various files
Thread poster: Rufino Pérez De La Sierra

Rufino Pérez De La Sierra  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am working on a large project, involving many files. I use autopropagate and it work very well in one file at a time, but I cannot get it work in the next files.

Is there a way to do this?

I have a TM for this particular project, but it does not seem to use the phrases (the same sentence) from one file to the next.

Thanks again

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:12
English to German
+ ...
Update your TM Jul 23, 2007

Hi Rufino,

You need to update your TM with the strings you translated.

You can either do this automatically (select Tools > Options > Automation and check Automatic TM Update) or you can do so manually once you have translated a file (select Translation Memory > Update, or click the corresponding icon in the toolbar).

All your translations will then be in the TM, which you can apply to all new files.

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL lite 2005 (Build 5034) Autopropagate in various files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs