Mobile menu

Word Count for Bilingual Files (Trados Workbench)
Thread poster: Brigitte Hamilton

Brigitte Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:35
Member (2007)
German to English
Jul 26, 2007

Hello all,

is is possible to run the Analyze option in Workbench on bilingual files, focusing only on the source text (ie. not display results for the target language)? I do not have the original source files, as I am proofreading an already existing translation (the bilingual files). I should also mention that it concerns a large number of files, in case that is relevant. Many thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 14:35
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
The target is irrrelevant... Jul 26, 2007

,,, what's important (afaik) is the TM behind the scene. If I wanted the counts, based just on the pure, unadulterated source, I took an empty TM.

yr fellow Canuck

[Edited at 2007-07-26 21:37]

Evija Rimšāne  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:35
English to Latvian
Sure Jul 26, 2007

Create a new TM, check (go through) the segments one by one with the Set/Close Next Open/Get function (as you were translating them), and when you wish to know the remaining wordcount, simply run the analysis as ususally. 100% matches will constitute all the reviewed segments, and the rest wordcount will indicate the remaining amount to be reviewed.

[Edited at 2007-07-26 21:42]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Count for Bilingual Files (Trados Workbench)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs