Thread poster: NancyLynn

NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 02:58
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Jul 27, 2007

I read some threads saying I need to register my new version but I don't see how it applies to me:

I have Trados 2007 - I checked the version and build. My Tag Editor version is 8.0.0.820 (build 820)and workbench displays version 7.5.0.759 (build 759). I use Office XP.

After spending two long days on a ppt, which I opened in Tag Editor and fully translated, then saved, I now can't clean it up; I get an error message: "Class not registered." I had no problems cleaning up several Word documents for the same client, using the same TM, just two days ago. I also have never had problems cleaning up ppts using this version until tonight.

Can anyone explain what's up with this? Of course, my deadline is tomorrow...

Thanks in advance

Nancy

Direct link Reply with quote

Agnieszka Hayward
Poland
Local time: 08:58
German to Polish
+ ...
Lay(wo)man's question Jul 27, 2007

Do your files have special fonts in their names?

NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Don't know Jul 27, 2007

It is so full of formatting tags they are embedded between characters to make the accents in the French source...

The error code says: Error -2147221164 Class not registered (in the WB box). I reopened the ppt in TE and ran it through the TM again. I get the error code above, then an alert dialogue box opens, which says, and I quote (and all those funny characters bear a very close resemblance to what I'm growling at my screen just now, let me tell you):

The procedure entry point ?vv_EndEmit@IT_Format@Filter@@UAEXPAVCT_XmlData@@@2 could not be located in the dynamic link library TradosConvert.dll.

BTW, wouuldn't it be nice if we could just select and copy this drivel rather than handwriting it on a slip of paper and typing it out here???

Nancy, frustrated in the heat wave...Thanks for listening. All help is greatly appreciated.

[Edited at 2007-07-27 01:23]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Make sure you are using Trados 8 Jul 27, 2007

YOu have started Workbench from SDL Trados 2006 and Tageditor from SDL Trados 2007.
Now please go to program group of SDL Trados 2007, locate there a small program called "Register SDL Trados 2007" and let it run.
Then the problem should not appear anymore.
After that make sure you are using only one version of SDL Trados aat the time and always register (the same way for both 2006 and 2007) the proper version before using.

Regards
Jerzy

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Same problem Jul 27, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

YOu have started Workbench from SDL Trados 2006 and Tageditor from SDL Trados 2007.
Now please go to program group of SDL Trados 2007, locate there a small program called "Register SDL Trados 2007" and let it run.
Then the problem should not appear anymore.
After that make sure you are using only one version of SDL Trados aat the time and always register (the same way for both 2006 and 2007) the proper version before using.

Regards
Jerzy

Hi Nancy & everyone,

I encountered this same error a few months ago, not long after I installed SDL Trados 2007. I did keep the 2006 version because of compatibility issues with the version my employer has. And as Jerzy said, the error happened whenever I mistakingly open the 2006 version instead of 2007

[Edited at 2007-07-27 07:05]

NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy and Marie-Claude - yet another error Jul 27, 2007

This morning, somewhat refreshed, though not very good sleep in this heat, but anyway

This morning, I followed your instructions, Jerzy, because I've read similar notices before, as indicated above. Began the clean-up - saw the progrees bar advance very quickly - yay! - but then, after post processing, another "flash before your eyes" error message: "-2147418113 Unexpected error using plug-in file filter."

I wish I knew what that meant... as it was, I had to do the clean-up 3x in order to get this message down properly to communicate it to you.

I hope you can hlep me again, as the deadline,naturally, is in a few hours now.

Jerzy, hope to see you in Montreal giving us a course on this aspect of Trados!

Thanks again, I appreciate all your support.

Nancy

NancyLynn
Canada
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Success, success! Jul 27, 2007

You both sent me on the right path, I just couldn't see the forest for the trees.

I wasn't sure who was suffering from the heat more miserably - my computer or me

But I'd still greatly appreaciate an *advanced* course on Trados! Nothing about this sort of situation came up in the Trados training day I attended at their offices in Montreal a while back.

Back to work!

Thanks again, sooooo much appreciated

Nancy

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Registering Trados, Trados version and training Jul 27, 2007

First you should know, that before you use a different version of Trados (ie 2006/2007) you MUST register the right one first. To do so simply go to the proper program group and let the "Register Trados..." run. The same applies to Multiterm, but then you will need to go to its installation folder and find a program (*.bat) with similar name and then let it run (double clicking on it).
Then make sure, you are using components of the same version at the time, so do not mix 'em up, as you did in this case.
This may have also caused your clean-up error.
As for the cleanup: I would advice you to save your translated documents in at least two copies: one for the cleanup and one for the clean delivery (if you need to deliver uncleaned to the customer you may also wish to save a third uncleaned copy just for the delivery).
Then take the cleanup file, use the cleanup function from the Workbench. After the cleanup is done, you just delete the resulting file, as it may contain formatting errors or other isues.
Now take the file you saved for clean delivery, open it in Word, press ALT+F8, put "tw" in the Macro name line, select "tw4winclean.main" and execute it. after that your document is pretty cleaned, without any format changes. As this process does not update your TM, we have done this previuosly with the other file.

Comming to the training: I'm afraid the way to Montreal is too far this year.
As for the training you attended it is no wonder, that you didn't see any problems there. The purpose of usual training is to show you how the software works. This is why my trainings are so much different from that (so, that maybe someone is even missing the red path through the training), bceause I use to show people a lot of tips & tricks what to do, when...

Best regards
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Class not registered

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs