Thread poster: Elvira Schmid

Elvira Schmid  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:34
English to German
+ ...
Aug 3, 2007

Hi,

a client sent a mdb file for MultiTerm, but I can't open it, as I have MultiTerm v. 5. Can somebody help me in how to convert the file into mtw so I can use it with MultiTerm 5?

The client is out of office until Sunday and can't convert the file until Sunday, but the volume is so big that I have to start translating straight away...

Thank you all.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 01:34
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
assuming the best... Aug 3, 2007

I would go to files/load external termbase...

The function is so basic, it must exist in the ver 5 too.

Regards

Vito

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 18:34
English to Spanish
Access application.. Aug 4, 2007

You surely have it.

It is an Access application file which you can find on your MS Office package.

START > PROGRAMS > MICROSOFT OFFICE > Microsoft Office Access (year).

After opening, save it on Word or Excel, and import to your MultiTerm.

Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
English to German
+ ...
Hardly feasable Aug 4, 2007

Elvira Schmid wrote:
a client sent a mdb file for MultiTerm, but I can't open it, as I have MultiTerm v. 5. Can somebody help me in how to convert the file into mtw so I can use it with MultiTerm 5?

This must be a Multiterm iX .mdb file.

The proper way to transfer its content to Multiterm 5 would be to export a .csv file or a tab-separated .txt file from Multiterm iX, and convert (reformat) this into a Multiterm 5 import file, then set up a Multiterm 5 database and import it.

If you do have MS Access (which is not contained in the standard Office distributions) and if the file is not password protected (or if you found out how to find out Access passwords), then there is a tiny chance that you could export its content using Access.

But the whole procedure would take some pages to describe, so I cannot explain it here.

If your client is experienced with Multiterm 5, he should be able to provide you the required .mtw file, but I think you will be lucky if he can send you at least an Excel file for reference.

Harry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert mdb into mtw for MultiTerm v. 5

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs