https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/80383-convert_mdb_into_mtw_for_multiterm_v_5.html

Convert mdb into mtw for MultiTerm v. 5
Thread poster: Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid
Elvira Schmid  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:02
English to German
Aug 3, 2007

Hi,

a client sent a mdb file for MultiTerm, but I can't open it, as I have MultiTerm v. 5. Can somebody help me in how to convert the file into mtw so I can use it with MultiTerm 5?

The client is out of office until Sunday and can't convert the file until Sunday, but the volume is so big that I have to start translating straight away...

Thank you all.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 23:02
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
assuming the best... Aug 3, 2007

I would go to files/load external termbase...

The function is so basic, it must exist in the ver 5 too.

Regards

Vito

Anna Villegas
Anna Villegas
Mexico
Local time: 15:02
English to Spanish
Access application.. Aug 4, 2007

You surely have it.

It is an Access application file which you can find on your MS Office package.

START > PROGRAMS > MICROSOFT OFFICE > Microsoft Office Access (year).

After opening, save it on Word or Excel, and import to your MultiTerm.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:02
English to German
+ ...
Hardly feasable Aug 4, 2007

Elvira Schmid wrote:
a client sent a mdb file for MultiTerm, but I can't open it, as I have MultiTerm v. 5. Can somebody help me in how to convert the file into mtw so I can use it with MultiTerm 5?

This must be a Multiterm iX .mdb file.

The proper way to transfer its content to Multiterm 5 would be to export a .csv file or a tab-separated .txt file from Multiterm iX, and convert (reformat) this into a Multiterm 5 import file, then set up a Multiterm 5 database and import it.

If you do have MS Access (which is not contained in the standard Office distributions) and if the file is not password protected (or if you found out how to find out Access passwords), then there is a tiny chance that you could export its content using Access.

But the whole procedure would take some pages to describe, so I cannot explain it here.

If your client is experienced with Multiterm 5, he should be able to provide you the required .mtw file, but I think you will be lucky if he can send you at least an Excel file for reference.

Harry

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert mdb into mtw for MultiTerm v. 5

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »