Suzanne Deveson  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:44
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 3, 2007

Hi,

Could anyone please help me solve the problem of the above error message. I know it has been asked before but I tried looking at the hidden text and can't see anything wrong there (although I'm not entirely sure what to look for). The problem occurred when I was editing an open unit. When I tried to close it it said 'no translation unit seems to be open'. I already tried 'fix document' but that didn't seem to work either.

Could anyone please tell me what to look for?

Thanks!!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

kangajumps

Local time: 17:44
English to Russian
+ ...
try this Aug 3, 2007

Sometime you have to do "fix document" a few times.
Good luck!

Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no luck Aug 4, 2007

Thanks Anisya, but I'm afraid it's not working. I clicked it about 10 times now and no luck

mustafa karabiber  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:44
English to Turkish
+ ...
Close the aplications, Aug 4, 2007

Hi, Suzanne
Sometimes I experienced the same error too. Try to close word (if applicable) and after Trados workbench. And Restart your computer, then you can start translating at the beginning.. (I assume that all your working is saved to Trdaos memory)

Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved! Aug 4, 2007

Amazingly, I just looked at the hidden text again (with Trados open this time) and clicked fix document again and this time it did work! Thanks Anisya!! And Mustafa - sorry I didn't get a notification of your post until after I'd written this. I'll bear it in mind for next time, thanks!

[Edited at 2007-08-04 09:16]

[Edited at 2007-08-04 14:55]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

no translation unit seems to be open - help

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs