https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/80443-unable_to_clean_a_file_.html

Unable to clean a file !
Thread poster: Anne-Sophie Jubien (X)
Anne-Sophie Jubien (X)
Anne-Sophie Jubien (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:42
German to French
+ ...
Aug 4, 2007

Hello !

I translated a Word document with TWB + Word and now I wanted to clean it but I cannot reach the function "Clean" in "Options". It is not active.
It is not the first time I use Trados, so I do not think I made a mistake but I don't understand what is happening.

Could somebody help me, please ?

Many thanks in advance !

Anne-Sophie

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
More details Aug 4, 2007

Hi Anne-Sophie,

You did not provide many details, but just to be sure, as the "Clean" command is not in the "Options" menu :

After you finished your translation, close the Word file (not Word, just the file). Then, in the Workbench, go to Tools (Outils in French), and select Clean. Follow the usual procedure and tell us if it worked

Sylvain

[Modifié le 2007-08-04 10:43]

Anne-Sophie Jubien (X)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Justement... Aug 4, 2007

Bonjour Sylvain,

Justement, j'ai fait "comme d'habitude" : fichier fermé, "Outils" (et non "Options" d'ailleurs : visiblement, je ne suis pas en forme aujourd'hui !!) mais là, la commande "Nettoyer..." n'est pas activée (= elle est affichée en gris pas en noir, je ne peux donc pas la sélectionner). Je ne peux donc pas nettoyer mon fichier.

Ca ne m'est jamais arrivé et je ne comprends pas ce qu'il se passe.

Merci d'avance !

Anne-Sophie

Anne-Sophie Jubien (X)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Caused by the TM ? Aug 4, 2007

Actually I opened another TM in order to work on another translation and the fonctions are active again. So the problem seems to be caused by the TM.

I don't see why : I already used it many many times in the past weeks since I was working on a big project during over one month. Now the project was closed but the agency sent me one more file yesterday. As I am working with a Trados server connection, I thought it is maybe caused by modified users parameters ?

Does anyb
... See more
Actually I opened another TM in order to work on another translation and the fonctions are active again. So the problem seems to be caused by the TM.

I don't see why : I already used it many many times in the past weeks since I was working on a big project during over one month. Now the project was closed but the agency sent me one more file yesterday. As I am working with a Trados server connection, I thought it is maybe caused by modified users parameters ?

Does anybody has an idea ??
Collapse

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Some hints Aug 4, 2007

Hi again,

I don't work with server connected TMs, but just a few hints.

Did you try to reorganize the TM ? Sometimes it works miracles.

If you are still unable to clean your file, you can simply run the corresponding macro (Alt + F8, then select tw4winclean.main), but keep in mind that the TM will not be updated if you have done changes in the text.

HTH,
Sylvain

Anne-Sophie Jubien (X)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merci Sylvain ! Aug 4, 2007

I couldn't reorganize the TM because the function was not available, too. But I managed to run the macro and so I got the clean document.

Many thanks for your help !

Anne-Sophie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to clean a file !

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »