Mobile menu

sdlx wordcount
Thread poster: lachilena
lachilena  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:55
English to German
+ ...
Aug 6, 2007

I am a cat tool freshman... I don´t know how the wordcount works. I have three different documents from one client. I would like to count the words of all three documents and indicat e the fuzzy matches. How do I do that???
Thanks for your help

Direct link Reply with quote
Sergio Juarez Garcia
Japanese to Spanish
+ ...
How SDLX wordcount works. That's easy... Aug 6, 2007

There are three ways you can get wordcount in SDLX:

1) You can analyse the files with the Analyse module. It allows you to check cross-file repetition of propagated segments. It is the most accurate wordcount you'll get when working with two or more files. When using the other two methods, you'll learn either how many propagated segment there are on individual files (but not across files), or not at all.

2) You can apply the TM to the files with the Apply module. The log file you'll get doesn't indicate you cross-file repetitions, only propagated segments in individual files.

3) You can click on View menu in SDL Edit, then click on Statistics. Here you can get how many 100%, fuzzies, new and untranslated wordsyou have. But you won't get how many propagated segments you have, so it can turn to be the less accurate of all methods to get wordcount.

Hope this helps. As you see, there's not one way to get a wordcount in SDLX, but THREE!! As you have three files to translate, I'd recommend you use the Analyse module.

[Edited at 2007-08-06 16:49]

Thomas Deschington
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Run Analyse Aug 6, 2007

Run the Analyse option from the SDLX dashboard. Then you add files in the tab called New files. If you have created a translation memory (TM), you add it under the tab Translation Memories (if not, create one beforehand under the option Maintain on the SDLX dashboard). Then under the tab Reporting, you give a name to the analysis file and choose the location for it.

For more info, please see the user manual Good luck.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdlx wordcount

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info » PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs