Mobile menu

How do I clean up faulty document in Word 2007?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:28
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 7, 2007

The matter is quite urgent. My document refuses to clean up and I have not a clue where to look for this twwincleanmain thing (or whatever it is called) in Word 2007. Anyone know where to find this menu?

Astrid

Direct link Reply with quote

Luis Antonio de Larrauri  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Other way of cleaning Aug 7, 2007

You can go to (in the Word file) to Tools>Macro>Macros, and there you choose tw4winClean.Main

Nevertheless, a week ago I had a faulty document (one of the segments lacked a tag). I proceeded to clean in the usual way, through the workbench, and it said sth like: one segment damaged, and stopped. But then I insisted clicking on the button for cleaning and it resume cleaning.

I hope it helps!

Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Tools/Macro Aug 7, 2007

then run Macro/tw4winClean.Main
HTH

Richard Walker
Local time: 02:28
Japanese to English
Brute force approach Aug 7, 2007

If you just want to get rid of the source and the Trados tags, you can do a global replace.

In the find/replace dialog make sure the find and replace blanks are empty and your cursor is in the find blank. Click on Options ("More"? I'm translating from Japanese so some of the captions may be different). Then click on Format>Font>Hidden. Run the find/replace and you should have a clean file, though your TM won't be updated.

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This refers to Word 2003 Aug 7, 2007

Daniel Meier wrote:

then run Macro/tw4winClean.Main
HTH

... and this is what I used to do. What I am trying to find out is where to find these features in Word 2007. I already tried looking in the help menus, but still could not find out.

Astrid

Richard Walker
Local time: 02:28
Japanese to English
Different name in 2007? Aug 7, 2007

Can you find tw4winClean.Imp or ...Impl or something like that? Trados changed the names of all of its Word macros in 2007. (Rather inconsiderate and thoughtless, in my opinion.) Main will no longer appear in the macro menu because, while it still exists in the code, it now requires that an argument be supplied, which can only be done programmatically. You should, however, be able to execute the Imp/Impl macros directly. (Sorry I cannot be clearer on the names; I only used 2007 for a couple of hours before deciding to revert to something more reliable.)

Sidebar: What do Imp/Impl do? They call Main, giving it a null argument... I do not get the point.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I clean up faulty document in Word 2007?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs