Mobile menu

Unclean TTX, clean XML
Thread poster: Quattro
United States
Local time: 20:43
Aug 7, 2007

Hi all,

After quickly browsing the technical forums without finding an answer, I have decided to post my (probably very simple) question here:

I have been asked to translate a number of XML files in TagEditor. The client has provided me with these XML files and the corresponding TTX files and asked me to deliver unclean TTX files and clean XML documents.

I have translated the first TTX file and saved the bilingual file as such. If I go to "Save Target As...", it says "XML and XLIFF Documents (Target Only) (*.xml, *.xs") under "Save as type". Will this give me a clean XML document?

I guess I should just go ahead and try it, but I figured I'd double-check with other users first.

If not, how do I get a clean XML document from the unclean TTX file?

Thank you very much in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:43
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
In Tageditor use "Save target as..." Aug 7, 2007

or use the usual clean-up process in Workbench.

United States
Local time: 20:43
Thank you Aug 8, 2007

Thank you very much for confirming.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unclean TTX, clean XML

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs