Thread poster: Marie Halvorsen
Marie Halvorsen
Marie Halvorsen
United States
Local time: 11:56
English to Danish
Aug 7, 2007

Hi all,

After quickly browsing the technical forums without finding an answer, I have decided to post my (probably very simple) question here:

I have been asked to translate a number of XML files in TagEditor. The client has provided me with these XML files and the corresponding TTX files and asked me to deliver unclean TTX files and clean XML documents.

I have translated the first TTX file and saved the bilingual file as such. If I go to "Save Target As...
... See more
Hi all,

After quickly browsing the technical forums without finding an answer, I have decided to post my (probably very simple) question here:

I have been asked to translate a number of XML files in TagEditor. The client has provided me with these XML files and the corresponding TTX files and asked me to deliver unclean TTX files and clean XML documents.

I have translated the first TTX file and saved the bilingual file as such. If I go to "Save Target As...", it says "XML and XLIFF Documents (Target Only) (*.xml, *.xs") under "Save as type". Will this give me a clean XML document?

I guess I should just go ahead and try it, but I figured I'd double-check with other Proz.com users first.

If not, how do I get a clean XML document from the unclean TTX file?

Thank you very much in advance!
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:56
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
In Tageditor use "Save target as..." Aug 7, 2007

or use the usual clean-up process in Workbench.

Jerzy

Marie Halvorsen
Marie Halvorsen
United States
Local time: 11:56
English to Danish
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 8, 2007

Thank you very much for confirming.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unclean TTX, clean XML

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »