translation of smg files
Thread poster: SGS
SGS
Belgium
Local time: 20:26
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 9, 2007

I need help for a translation of smg files (similar to xml). I have converted the files to ttx, using the predefined settings, but the document is clustered with tags (not convenient to translate). How can I convert the files to ttx, using/importing the DTD file I got from the customer?

Direct link Reply with quote

Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2005)
English to Polish
+ ...
Tagged files must have tags. Aug 9, 2007

SGS wrote:

I need help for a translation of smg files (similar to xml). I have converted the files to ttx, using the predefined settings, but the document is clustered with tags (not convenient to translate). How can I convert the files to ttx, using/importing the DTD file I got from the customer?

I'm afraid you can't do away with tags in these sgm files. That's the way they are. What you can do is to change how you display tags in tageditor.

HTH

Piotr

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
INI file Aug 11, 2007

How can I convert the files to ttx, using/importing the DTD file I got from the customer?

Create INI file for your SGML files, using DTD file from customer. That's the usual way.

HTH,
W.

SGS
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx Aug 13, 2007

Thanks. This has definitely done the trick! Best regards!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation of smg files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs