https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/81098-migrated_my_documents_from_c%3A_to_d%3A_how_to_explain_it_to_trados.html

migrated "my documents" from c: to d: - how to explain it to trados?
Thread poster: jokerman
jokerman
jokerman
Germany
Local time: 10:29
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 12, 2007

This morning I finaly migrated the entire folder "my documents" from the c: drive to the d: drive, hoping that my files are now safer in case the window system crashes down. Yet, now my Trados can't open the TMs any more because the source folder for TMs is defineds as "c: ... mydocuments/...". Does anyone know how to change the source folder settings in trados?

Thank you very much!

Igor

P.S. versions: trados 7 frelance & XP professional

Angela Dickson (X)
Angela Dickson (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:29
French to English
+ ...
is there a default folder? Aug 12, 2007

Hi,
Can't you just go to 'open' in the workbench and go to the current location of your TM? As I understand it, Trados then remembers where the most recent TM is and opens it automatically the next time round.

Hope this helps.

jokerman
jokerman
Germany
Local time: 10:29
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
quite simple indeed and... Aug 12, 2007

it worked!))

thanks a lot angela!

Nicolas Coyer (X)
Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 03:29
Spanish to French
+ ...
Not a default folder Aug 12, 2007

Hi Igor,

Actually, there is no default folder as such. It is rather an option that you can disable (Options > Translation Memory Options > Open last used translation memory) and, when enabled, makes Trados look for the memory you used before you closed the workbench (and moved the whole folder, in your case).

Cheers,
Nicolas

[Modifié le 2007-08-12 15:19]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

migrated "my documents" from c: to d: - how to explain it to trados?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »