Thread poster: Gillian Searl

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:56
Member (2004)
German to English
Aug 13, 2007

Hi,
I am getting this error message when I try to save target on an excel file in tageditor:

Connection with server application error: Member not found(Exception from HRESULT: 0x800200003 (DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND))

I have the original excel file and ttx in the same folder and have even gone back and started the process from the very start again. But no matter what I do I still get the error and when i look at the target file it is still in the source language.
All assistance gratefully received.
Gillian

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:56
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please try to register your SDL Trados application Aug 13, 2007

Go to SDL Trados program group, chose "Register SDL Trados" and let it run. After that you should again be able to save your Excel file.
Other possible explanation would be, that you don't have Excel installed on your PC.

Jerzy

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Didn't work Jerzy Aug 13, 2007

I reregistered Trados and Excel is of course installed. But the file still wont clean up
Gillian

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Are you able to open the original file in Excel? Aug 13, 2007

Maybe it is a newer Excel version as you have...
Place a copy of the original file in a different folder, then open Tageditor, open this copy in Tageditor, save as ttx, translate one sentence somwhere in the middle of the file and another one at the end of it. Try to save this file as Excel (use "Save target as..." from Tageditor). Does this file save?
If yes, run Tagverfier on you translated file.

If all does not help, just send me please the original file and the translated ttx at info at doku minus trans dot de and I shall try to save it for you.

Jerzy

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The link in the file is the problem Aug 13, 2007

There is a link in your original file, which contains an ampersand (&) - and this causes problems. I'm able to delete this in the translated file, but I must admit, that I'm not an expert in Excel and can't delete it there. It is a link to some "autoshape" and after opening Excel I do not see it
My suggestion would be removing the link in the original file, recreate the ttx with it, translate with TM and then save as Excel and recreate the link. But I don't know how to remove this link from Excel.

Jerzy

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy Aug 13, 2007

I copied only the text from the source file to a clean one. Ran it through tageditor and saved target without problems
Gillian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tageditor error when saving excel file

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs