Mobile menu

TM does not save final version of segment
Thread poster: FMM
Local time: 03:00
French to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2007

After translating a Word file and then editing it, making corrections/changes to each (open) segment, I'm finding that occasionally the TM only stores the first draft of the segment, and ignores any subsequent edits/spelling corrections etc.

I've only encountered this problem since upgrading to Windows Vista / Office 2007 / SDL Trados 8. The problem occurs in Word, with Workbench, as well as in TagEditor. It doesn't affect the whole document, just a few segments.

I only realised there was a problem when a client returned a translation because it contained spelling mistakes (which I had already corrected). Needless to say I was mortified.

Has anybody else experienced this? Am I inadvertently doing something that causes Workbench to ignore edits?

I'm finding SDL Trados an absolute nightmare to use, with its countless bugs/error messages, so I'm sure this will be the first of many posts, but if anyone has any suggestions for this problem I've just described, then I'd really appreciate it!

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Local time: 04:00
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Crimson ears alert: document delivered with spelling mistakes Aug 14, 2007

It's a nightmare alright and I've been there, seen that - but it was me and not TRADOS: I spell-checked the document and then forgot to autotranslate to TM. The one last autotranslate-to-document then destroyed all my work. In some lucky cases I noticed that...

The same thing of course applies to TagEditor spell checking...

[Edited at 2007-08-14 18:52]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM does not save final version of segment

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs