Mobile menu

Setting languages in Multiterm 7 databases
Thread poster: Tansy

Tansy  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:35
Member (2008)
German to English
Aug 17, 2007

I have Multiterm 7.1.0.361, which I use with Trados 7.0.0.615 running on Windows XP.

Every time I open my termbases, I have to change the languages in each one - the first box to English and the second to German. Is there any way of avoiding this?

Many thanks

PS: If there is anyone in the Cologne area willing to help me merge and standardise my Multiterm databases, please drop me a line and let me know your hourly rate.

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:35
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Projecet Aug 17, 2007

I think if you save it as a project, it also saves the language direction. "Project" is a somewhat misleading name - it is really just a particular combination.

Tansy  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:35
Member (2008)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 20, 2007

Good idea - thanks for that. And I managed to sort out the other problems I was having with my termbases, so please ignore the above PS.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setting languages in Multiterm 7 databases

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs