Mobile menu

Trados problems when working in Word
Thread poster: transactionbel
transactionbel
Local time: 22:45
English to German
Aug 22, 2007

I'm translating a Word document with Trados (version Trados/SDL 2006 Freelancer) and I have some problems with keeping the formatting. There are several bullets and list numberings in the document which unfortunately disappear once I've translated the segment.

When I open the segment the bullet is still there but when I close it, it has disappeared.
Can anybody help me with this problem? Of course, I could finish translating the document, clean it and then redo the formatting but I'm sure there is some kind of trick with Trados.
Thank you very much in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados problems when working in Word

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs