Mobile menu

Error #101, Error initializing with Extraterm
Thread poster: ITtranslations

Local time: 05:24
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2007

I've been trying to use Extraterm for years and almost everytime I try to use it I get this message: Error #101, Error initializing. I've tried with version 5.5, iX, 7 and I always get the same error on 3 different PC's (Win XP right now but I've tried with other OS too).

Do someone know what is due to?

Direct link Reply with quote
Local time: 05:24
English to German
ExtraTerm requires a special Java runtime version Aug 25, 2007

AFAIK, ExtraTerm is a Java program and it's very picky about the Java runtime versions that it runs with. I haven't used the program in a while, but I also had problems getting it to run on a machine that already had a JRE installed. I remember that installing the Java runtime that was distributed with the Trados CD fixed this issue. (You can have several JREs installed side by side.)
I believe that the ExtraTerm version that came with Trados 5.5 worked with the Java Runtime Version 1.3.1_02. If you cannot find it on the CD you can also download it from Sun ( Select "J2RE - 1.3"

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error #101, Error initializing with Extraterm

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs