ITtranslations
Seychelles
Local time: 16:14
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 23, 2007

Hello,
I've been trying to use Extraterm for years and almost everytime I try to use it I get this message: Error #101, Error initializing. I've tried with version 5.5, iX, 7 and I always get the same error on 3 different PC's (Win XP right now but I've tried with other OS too).

Do someone know what is due to?

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
Local time: 16:14
English to German
ExtraTerm requires a special Java runtime version Aug 25, 2007

AFAIK, ExtraTerm is a Java program and it's very picky about the Java runtime versions that it runs with. I haven't used the program in a while, but I also had problems getting it to run on a machine that already had a JRE installed. I remember that installing the Java runtime that was distributed with the Trados CD fixed this issue. (You can have several JREs installed side by side.)
I believe that the ExtraTerm version that came with Trados 5.5 worked with the Java Runtime Version 1.3.1_
... See more
AFAIK, ExtraTerm is a Java program and it's very picky about the Java runtime versions that it runs with. I haven't used the program in a while, but I also had problems getting it to run on a machine that already had a JRE installed. I remember that installing the Java runtime that was distributed with the Trados CD fixed this issue. (You can have several JREs installed side by side.)
I believe that the ExtraTerm version that came with Trados 5.5 worked with the Java Runtime Version 1.3.1_02. If you cannot find it on the CD you can also download it from Sun (http://java.sun.com/products/archive/). Select "J2RE - 1.3"

Olaf
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error #101, Error initializing with Extraterm

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »