https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/82192-uncleaned_document_in_rtf_using_tageditor.html

Uncleaned document in .rtf using Tageditor
Thread poster: Ade Indarta
Ade Indarta
Ade Indarta  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 08:49
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
Aug 26, 2007

Hi all,

I have translated a document in .rtf format using a Tageditor. Then I remember that my client wants the translation in two versions, cleaned and uncleaned. And he wants it in its original format, i.e. .rtf.

Can anyone tell me how to make my uncleaned document, which is now in .ttx format, back to its original format (.rtf) without cleaning it up first?

Thanks,

Ade

P.s. I use Trados 6.5

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:49
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The only way to get uncleaned rtf is to retranlate the original rtf in Word Aug 26, 2007

You might although try to select all text in Tageditor (CTRL+A) and paste it into a new Word file - maybe you'll be lucky and this will work.
Otherwise you will need to retranslate the rtf with Word, as the native billingual format of Tageditor is ttx and cannot be saved as billíngual rtf.

Jerzy

truptee
truptee  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:19
French to English
+ ...
Save Target as Aug 26, 2007

Use the function "Save target as" and you do not need to clean the file.

This function however [after reading Jerzy's reply] would give you only the file in the TARGET language..

[Edited at 2007-08-26 11:59]

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:49
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
TWB > Tools > Translate Aug 26, 2007

Hi,

you can use a copy of the original source file and select in TWB menu - Tools > Translate (don't update TM). This way you'll have a (MS Word) uncleaned file.

You might have to set a match value lower than 100% (and check when done if some segments were not translated), as TagEditor tags in the TM will lower the match or the segmentation is different from that performed by TWB while translating directly in MSWord.
I can't remember how it looked like in Trados 6
... See more
Hi,

you can use a copy of the original source file and select in TWB menu - Tools > Translate (don't update TM). This way you'll have a (MS Word) uncleaned file.

You might have to set a match value lower than 100% (and check when done if some segments were not translated), as TagEditor tags in the TM will lower the match or the segmentation is different from that performed by TWB while translating directly in MSWord.
I can't remember how it looked like in Trados 6.5 (I use SDL Trados 2006/2007 now), but I only import *.docs (no *.rtfs), as an imported *.rtf file in TagEditor looks like an agglomeration of words without any tag at all (hard to read).

Giuliana
Collapse

Ade Indarta
Ade Indarta  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 08:49
Member (2007)
English to Indonesian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the anwers Aug 30, 2007

Hi,

I have tried all of your suggestions and finally have to translate it again manually.

I might just copy the original source file and translate it with TWB; but for some reason my client prohibits me to translate the file using TM because that would turn the match value to 100%.

So, I retranslated all over again. Luckily it was not that much. Only couple thousand words. Well, after all that was my fault.

Thanks again for the answers.
... See more
Hi,

I have tried all of your suggestions and finally have to translate it again manually.

I might just copy the original source file and translate it with TWB; but for some reason my client prohibits me to translate the file using TM because that would turn the match value to 100%.

So, I retranslated all over again. Luckily it was not that much. Only couple thousand words. Well, after all that was my fault.

Thanks again for the answers.

Ade
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Uncleaned document in .rtf using Tageditor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »