Thread poster: Mohammad Khan

Mohammad Khan
Afghanistan
Local time: 13:35
English to Dari
+ ...
Aug 31, 2007

Hi,

I have recently started learning to use SDLX. I have managed to open a file in SDLX but the problem is that in my file there are no red dots between each term as it shown in the manual.

Also do I have to delete the source text from the right manually or is there any other way?
When I do translation, the translated text is written beside the source text in the right column.
Is this how it should be?

Thanks,

Mohammad

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:05
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Did You Watch the Tutorial? Aug 31, 2007

There comes a good tutorial along with SDL Trados.
You use the project wizard to create the translatable files from the source files. In the editor you choose the TM and apply it. The rest which had no match you translate from top to bottom one segment at the time pressing Enter.
Regards
Heinrich

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:05
English to German
+ ...
Some Tips Aug 31, 2007

Hi Mohammad,

You can display the spaces between the words (the red dots) by selecting View > White Space > Spaces. (There are a couple of other things that you can display or hide, just try the individual options.)

Regarding the source text on the right side - you can tell SDLX not to copy the text of untranslated segments over to the right side. When you apply a TM from within Edit, uncheck the option Copy source when no translation exists. This way, only 100% matches and fuzzy matches will be pasted to the target segments, untranslated segments will remain empty.

HTH

Best regards,
Claudia

Mohammad Khan
Afghanistan
Local time: 13:35
English to Dari
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The Tutorial relates to some other version Aug 31, 2007

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

There comes a good tutorial along with SDL Trados.
You use the project wizard to create the translatable files from the source files. In the editor you choose the TM and apply it. The rest which had no match you translate from top to bottom one segment at the time pressing Enter.
Regards
Heinrich

The tutorial is not the same as Trados 2007.

Thank you both for your tips, I practiced your tips and had no difficulty.

Regards,

Mohammad

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting Startted

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs