Thread poster: Marie Halvorsen
Marie Halvorsen
Marie Halvorsen
United States
Local time: 15:01
English to Danish
Aug 31, 2007

Hi,

I have recently downloaded Trados Freelance 2007 on my laptop (running Windows Vista). I still have Trados Freelance 2006 on my desktop, but now my question is: If I use the new Trados version, will my client still be able to open and work with the file in Trados 2006 without problems? Do I need to save the 2007-file in a specific way/format to make sure it is compatible with older versions?

I have tried to find answers on the SDL website and here on proz, but witho
... See more
Hi,

I have recently downloaded Trados Freelance 2007 on my laptop (running Windows Vista). I still have Trados Freelance 2006 on my desktop, but now my question is: If I use the new Trados version, will my client still be able to open and work with the file in Trados 2006 without problems? Do I need to save the 2007-file in a specific way/format to make sure it is compatible with older versions?

I have tried to find answers on the SDL website and here on proz, but without luck. Any help will be much appreciated!
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 22:01
English to Polish
+ ...
Release notes Sep 1, 2007

Some TTX files won't be backward compatible with the 2006 release.

The relase notes for version 2007 will tell you which ones.

HTH

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility between Trados 2006 and 2007

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »