SDL Trados 2007: Workbench won't open (error occurred while trying to verify the license)
Thread poster: Dagmar Sperling
Dagmar Sperling
Dagmar Sperling
Local time: 10:17
English to German
+ ...
Sep 2, 2007

Dear fellw translators,

I am a bit upset/frustrated really, since - once again - I am about losing a very interesting and lucrative job assignment due to repeated "licensing" problems.

I have Trados Freelance 2007 and a node-locked license. When trying to open Workbench, the error notification "An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench will now close."
Well, after de- and re-installing
... See more
Dear fellw translators,

I am a bit upset/frustrated really, since - once again - I am about losing a very interesting and lucrative job assignment due to repeated "licensing" problems.

I have Trados Freelance 2007 and a node-locked license. When trying to open Workbench, the error notification "An error occurred while trying to verify the license. Please check the installation and try again. Translator's Workbench will now close."
Well, after de- and re-installing a thousand times, entering the activation code a.s.o. the problem couldn't be fixed.

I am frustrated, since the same problem occurred in my 2006 version and it took me a long time and the help of another translator, who sent me the TW4win patch, to solve the problem. However, the patch won't help with the 2007 version.

Does anyone by any chance have the appropriate patch, in case such a thing exists?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-09-02 11:15]
Collapse

Cabinet Huertos
Cabinet Huertos
France
Local time: 10:17
I had the same problem last week Sep 2, 2007

Dear Dagmar,

I had exactly the same problem last week and I think I could help you. Feel free to contact me through my profile and I'll try to help you on-line.

Kind regards,

Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007: Workbench won't open (error occurred while trying to verify the license)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »