Trados error 33206 + trados menu absent
Thread poster: Chris Dravers
Chris Dravers  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:27
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 5, 2007

I recently installed Trados 6.5 on my laptop and encountered the following problem.

After closing and opening about 3 segments with no problem the "33206 source/target delimiter not found" comes up with ANY word document and I cannot open the next segment or even close the one I am in. However Tageditor works no problem.

Maybe the problem has to do with the fact that I cannot fix the document because the trados dropdown menu does not appear (although the toolbar is there). Trados is ticked however.

Can any one help with this two-fold query?

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italian to English
Adobe? Sep 5, 2007

Hi Chris,

Do you have the full version of Adobe on your computer? The Adobe and Trados Word templates don't get along terribly well.

and look for Answer ID 1609 for more info and workarounds.

You'll also see links to various other related answers which may or may not help you depending on your system, version of Word and so on.

Good luck,

Marlou Franken  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ... Sep 5, 2007

And for the delimiter part of the problem check out this thread: That should help you out (it did me).
If you can close, but not repair the segment, you can also just leave the problem alinea, move on with the translation and fix things manually after cleaning (make a back up first).

[Edited at 2007-09-05 16:10]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error 33206 + trados menu absent

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs