Chris Dravers  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:55
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 5, 2007

Hi

I recently installed Trados 6.5 on my laptop and encountered the following problem.

After closing and opening about 3 segments with no problem the "33206 source/target delimiter not found" comes up with ANY word document and I cannot open the next segment or even close the one I am in. However Tageditor works no problem.

Maybe the problem has to do with the fact that I cannot fix the document because the trados dropdown menu does not appear (although th
... See more
Hi

I recently installed Trados 6.5 on my laptop and encountered the following problem.

After closing and opening about 3 segments with no problem the "33206 source/target delimiter not found" comes up with ANY word document and I cannot open the next segment or even close the one I am in. However Tageditor works no problem.

Maybe the problem has to do with the fact that I cannot fix the document because the trados dropdown menu does not appear (although the toolbar is there). Trados 6.dot is ticked however.

Can any one help with this two-fold query?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Chris
Collapse

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Adobe? Sep 5, 2007

Hi Chris,

Do you have the full version of Adobe on your computer? The Adobe and Trados Word templates don't get along terribly well.

Visit:

sdl.custhelp.com

and look for Answer ID 1609 for more info and workarounds.

You'll also see links to various other related answers which may or may not help you depending on your system, version of Word and so on.

Good luck,

Giles

Marlou Franken
Marlou Franken  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Dutch
+ ...
http://www.proz.com/topic/82739 Sep 5, 2007

And for the delimiter part of the problem check out this thread: http://www.proz.com/topic/82739. That should help you out (it did me).
If you can close, but not repair the segment, you can also just leave the problem alinea, move on with the translation and fix things manually after cleaning (make a back up first).
Succes:)

[Edited at 2007-09-05 16:10]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados error 33206 + trados menu absent

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »