changing number style in TagEditor
Thread poster: Roland Nienerza

Roland Nienerza  Identity Verified

Local time: 06:15
English to German
+ ...
Sep 6, 2007

Hello,-

working on a financial .isc file En-De in TagEditor, I find out, that in a balance sheet, where the figures are given in En style, i.e. thousands separated by commas and decimals with dots., TagEditor refuses to open these figures, assuming them to be alright, and opens only the text items.

But I need of course to change the En to the De style, separating thousands with dots and decimals with commas.

Could anyone tell me, how I could get these figures open for editing?

Direct link Reply with quote

Chinh Chu  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:15
Member (2007)
English to Vietnamese
Workbench can automatically do that for you Sep 7, 2007

Open Workbench>Translation memory options> Substitution Localization: Tick the checkbox for numbers and specify the digit grouping symbol as well as decimal symbol as desired.

Good luck!

Chinh Chu

Roland Nienerza  Identity Verified

Local time: 06:15
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for that tip Sep 7, 2007

I have checked and found that the number box is clicked and the two styles are correctly set to metric.

As I can't get a clean file from this .isc document, and in TagEditor nothing had been changed, I will then assume that this conversion will be done automatically when the client uses the file. - Right?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

changing number style in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs