Error 33203 Trados
Thread poster: Brigitte Hamilton

Brigitte Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:16
Member (2007)
German to English
Sep 6, 2007

Good day everyone,

I just received a bilingual doc file for proofreading, along with the customer's TM. Unfortunately when I try to start a TU on the bilingual file I get the TRADOS 33203 error - The mark for delimiting source and target is missing or damaged.

When I looked at the file itself, I saw that indeed some of the delimiting characters are missing, usually at the beginning of the German sentence at the beginning of a paragraph for some reason.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this? The document is not long, so even if I have to fix it manually, I guess I could do that. I have tried to copy/paste some of the marks where I though they might go, but that does not help either (maybe that's just a little too primitive....)

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

jmadsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:16
Not really your problem... Sep 6, 2007

I would ask/require the client to send an error-free file.
It's not fair for you to spend time on fixing problems you have no part in and don't get paid for fixing.

Alas, I don't know how to fix the problem...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 33203 Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs