Thread poster: Carlos Santos

Carlos Santos
Spain
Local time: 22:57
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 10, 2007

I have just upgraded to Microsoft Vista and Office 2007 but kept my Trados 7 Freelance as it always worked just fine.

But after having problems with the "combo" Vista + Office 2007 +Trados 7, I went back to Office XP wich seems to be working well with Vista so far.

To my surprise, Trados 7 is not working fine anymore with Office XP and Vista. It does not save the bilingual segmented text in a translation session.

After translating each segment what I got is only the target segment as if the text had been already cleaned up.

Sorry if this is a quite simple question but I really have not a clue about what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Santos

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalia K
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:57
English to Russian
hidden text Sep 11, 2007

Hi Carlos,

maybe all you need is to turn on hidden text in Word (Tools- Options - View - select Hidden Text)?

Natalia

Carlos Santos
Spain
Local time: 22:57
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You've got it! Sep 14, 2007

Thank you, Natalia. It was that simple.

As I never had any kind of problem with the program I completely forgot about that.

Thanks again.

Carlos

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados does not save bilingual segmented text

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs