Thread poster: kerbager

kerbager  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:07
Member (2005)
English to French
Sep 10, 2007

Hello,

I need badly your help. The client sent me 4 XML files asking me to translate them, I did the job in tag editor and saved the files as bilingual files with the extension xml.fr.ttx. The client doesn't want that, he want XML extension only and said that he can't send the documents like this to the client. He asked me to download Dreamweaver and do the editing, but if I have to copy all four documents in Dreamweaver it's going to take me 1 full day, because we are talking about 25 000 words (21 000 words are repetitions).

Isn't there a way to convert the ttx in xml format in Trados.

I will really appreciate a quick answer.

Thank you so much

Direct link Reply with quote

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:07
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
original xml files Sep 11, 2007

If I understand you correctly, you have the original xml files. Why don't you just clean up the ttx files or use the "Save target as" option?

The ttx files are never the end product and always need to be converted back into the original format.

kerbager  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:07
Member (2005)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
French accents are the problem Sep 11, 2007

That's what I did, but the French accents are a total mess, and replaced by codes, how do we fix them??? Thank you

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:07
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Long distance diagnosis: Don't worry ;-) Sep 11, 2007

I had something similar in the past. However, the source text (English) luckily contained a French accented term, the accent of which was represented as code in the XML file, but displayed correctly in TE. Therefore, I assumed (and this was confirmed later by the client) that the codes for the special chracters in the XML file would not be a problem (maybe they are for use in an html environment?)

So I wouldn't worry about it, maybe just point it out to the client.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert ttx files to XML files in tag editor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs