java.lang.outofmemoryerror: java heap space
Thread poster: Eloïse Notet

Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:24
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
Sep 13, 2007

I am translating an indesign-file (.)inx that I have converted in Tag-editor. After some pages translated, I tried to convert the file back in Indesign, in order to see if it works or not.. and naturally, it doesn't work!

I obtain the message above.

I have seen a lot of forums on google about this error message, but did not find out how to resolve it (I am not a developper and don't understand their language!!). I only know it is a problem of memory size, but where??!

Who can help me??

Thanks in advance

Eloïse, disappointed :S

Direct link Reply with quote
xxxOptiproz Pri
Already in the KB of SDL Sep 13, 2007

Dear Enotet

There is a knowledgebase article at the support portal of SDL:

Error String: Error "(-2147467259): java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" opening large INX file in TagEditor

To enable TagEditor to handle large INX files, please apply this solution.

1. Find file PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml in C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2006\TT folder (the path may vary depending on the version and edition of the SDL Trados product).
2. Open the file in a text editor, such as WordPad or TextPad.
3. Under the tag and above the series of entries add the following set of definitions that would set the size of Heap space.

4. Save the file and try opening the INX file again.
5. If it is still not enough, you can increase the size of Heap space further by changing the value of attributes:
This size, however, would require at least 1GB of RAM.

Eloïse Notet  Identity Verified
Member (2005)
German to French
+ ...
I know.. Sep 13, 2007

I opened it

But I don't understand everything.. and do not find the required files..

Thanks you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

java.lang.outofmemoryerror: java heap space

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs