Thread poster: Khaled Al-Shehari
Khaled Al-Shehari
Khaled Al-Shehari  Identity Verified
Qatar
Local time: 13:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 16, 2007

I'm working with Trados 2007 on an international agreement which contains many numbered clauses; from English into Arabic. When comes to the clause number (e.g. 3.), the workbench transfers it automatically into the target text without changing into an Arabic style (I mean without changing into a Hindi style) (Becaause in Arabic we use Hindi numbers). It also doesn't let me change it into Hindi; though in in the Word options, the context style is used.

Mahdi Ghazanfar
Mahdi Ghazanfar
Local time: 13:50
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Use Words tools Sep 16, 2007

before starting translation in MS Word go to tools>options>Complex scripts>general>numerals and change the arabic into context or system. Click Ok and go on!

Nesrin
Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
Not sure... Sep 16, 2007

Hi Khalid,

I know this happened to me before - I don't think I managed to solve the problem, but I'm sure you can just keep them the way they are, then after cleaning the file, you can make sure the whole document is aligned right to left, then change the numerals settings to "Context" or "Hindi".
Hope it works.

Nesrin

Khaled Al-Shehari
Khaled Al-Shehari  Identity Verified
Qatar
Local time: 13:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Sep 16, 2007

Mahdi Ghazanfar wrote:

before starting translation in MS Word go to tools>options>Complex scripts>general>numerals and change the arabic into context or system. Click Ok and go on!

I already did this before I started translating, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Mahdi Ghazanfar
Mahdi Ghazanfar
Local time: 13:50
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
OK then! Sep 17, 2007

So I think the only way is to correct the documet after cleaning the documet throug the above mentioned way. Unfortunately trados sometimes makes minor or even serious problems for right to left dox especially persion and arabic.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Numbering doesn't change into Arabic style

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »