Trados 7 incompatible with MS Office 2007
Thread poster: Luciana Azcoitia

Luciana Azcoitia
Argentina
Local time: 01:53
English to Spanish
Sep 17, 2007

Be careful! Trados 7 is incompatible with MS Office 2007. You have to return to the old version of 2003.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-09-17 12:48]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Line Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 06:53
French to Danish
+ ...
It works on my pc Sep 17, 2007

HI Luciana

I can make trados 2007 work with ms office 2007. It is quite slow, but it works.

You just have to activate it.

best regards Line


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Luciana Azcoitia
Argentina
Local time: 01:53
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I can't activate Trados 7 on my PC Sep 17, 2007

Hi!, thanks for your response. I've tried to do it but I can't make it work. I've tried to introduce the templates, as a colleague suggested, but it was useless. How could you do it? Since Office 2007 is quite different from the other versions, you can get a little confused.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Peter WILHELM  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:53
English to German
+ ...
Word plugin does not Sep 18, 2007

I tried that out too. Tag Editor does work, but Word 2003 does not. I can't open the plugin.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:53
English to Polish
Only SDL Trados 2007 Sep 18, 2007

The only version that will work with Office 2007 is SDL Trados 2007.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Luciana Azcoitia
Argentina
Local time: 01:53
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Solution to Word 2003 Sep 18, 2007

HI Peter:
Please, try this (since I do not have any problems with MS Word 2003 and Trados 7): once you open the file, normally, you will see that the Trados tool bar is not there. So, go to Tools, Forms and Macros (in my language is "Plantillas and Macros") , a window will pop up. So, click on "attach" and look for the template of Trados 7, I think it is called Trados 7.dot, you will find it in the trados' file. Once you have seen it, select it and attach it. Click on accept, and then you will be able to see the tool bar on the Word.
If you could not understand my instructions, please, do not hesitate to ask me again.

Good luck!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:53
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
What do you mean with activate? Jan 13, 2008

Hi Lucinia

Do you mean activating Office?
I've done that but still does't work.

Line Andersen wrote:

HI Luciana

I can make trados 2007 work with ms office 2007. It is quite slow, but it works.

You just have to activate it.

best regards Line


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pat-argentina
Local time: 01:53
English to Spanish
How do you activate it? Feb 27, 2008

Please, will you tell me how to activate it? I have Trados 6 and office 2007
Thanks a lot.
Patricia


Lutz Molderings wrote:

Hi Lucinia

Do you mean activating Office?
I've done that but still does't work.

Line Andersen wrote:

HI Luciana

I can make trados 2007 work with ms office 2007. It is quite slow, but it works.

You just have to activate it.

best regards Line


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Noooo! Mar 11, 2008

Hi colleagues

Trados 7 is perfectly compatible with MS Office 2007
but you must use TRADOS8.dotm instead of TRADOS8.dot
so the best procedure is to unisntall SDL Trados 2007 and reinstall it
(and after reinstall SP2)


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:53
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sorry, but you are wrong or missing something Mar 11, 2008

Claudio Porcellana wrote:

Hi colleagues

Trados 7 is perfectly compatible with MS Office 2007
but you must use TRADOS8.dotm instead of TRADOS8.dot
so the best procedure is to unisntall SDL Trados 2007 and reinstall it
(and after reinstall SP2)

Trados 7 is not equal SDL Trados 2007. The last version of Trados is Trados 8, although this nomenclature has been dropped since SDL and Trados are one company.

Regards
Jerzy


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pat-argentina
Local time: 01:53
English to Spanish
Thank you. Mar 13, 2008

Grazie, Claudio. Molto gentile.
Thank you Jerzy.
My Trados version is probably too old. I'll go back to Word 2003.
Warm regards.
Pat


Direct link Reply with quote
 

ILKER GELIR  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:53
Member
English to Spanish
+ ...
TRADOS EXPLOITER Apr 24, 2008

YOU MUST PAY TO TRADOS 2007 WHEN YOU INSTALL OFFICE 2007,
YOU MUST PAY TO TRADOS 2008 WHEN YOU INSTALL OFFICE 2008
YOU MUST PAY TO TRADOS 2009 WHEN YOU INSTALL OFFICE 2009

THIS MEANS THAT I PAID USD 460 FOR OFFICE 2007 SMALL BUSINESS
I PAID TO TRADOS HUGE MONEY IN EVERY VERSION

BETTER TO UNINSTALL TRADOS.

IT TOOK UP ALL MY MONEY THAT I GAINED FROM TRANSLATION.

I DO NOT WANT TO BE CONSUMED.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

xiaoshuchong
China
Local time: 12:53
Chinese to English
+ ...
"Old" problem and fresh discussion Dec 20, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Claudio Porcellana wrote:

Hi colleagues

Trados 7 is perfectly compatible with MS Office 2007
but you must use TRADOS8.dotm instead of TRADOS8.dot
so the best procedure is to unisntall SDL Trados 2007 and reinstall it
(and after reinstall SP2)

Trados 7 is not equal SDL Trados 2007. The last version of Trados is Trados 8, although this nomenclature has been dropped since SDL and Trados are one company.

Regards
Jerzy


Yes, I think there are not so many people discussing TRADOS7 or even lower version any more, most of them are using the upgraded versions of SDL Trados.
But I am still use the trados 7, MS 2007 and MS 2003:
The former 2 really are not compatible, so I use MS 2003 while making translation. But MS 2003 can transfer files into pdf format. Thus, if some pages have to be transferred, I have to ininsall ms 2007 again.
So strange!


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 incompatible with MS Office 2007

Advanced search







memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums