how to extract ONLY the text from a ttx file?
Thread poster: victorv
victorv
victorv
Local time: 10:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 18, 2007

I am trying to extract ONLY the text portion of a ttx file. How can this be done? I want to create a file which contains ONLY the text embedded in a ttx file. That is, I want all tags and whanot deleted.

Is that at all possible?

Thank you soooooooooo much. It would make things much easier.

Regards,

victor v.

Boris Kimel
Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 11:31
English to Russian
+ ...
Microsoft Word Sep 18, 2007

Select all the text in Tag Editor (Ctrl-A), copy and paste it into a new Word file. Then replace grey text (external tags) and red text (internal tags) with nothing. Optionally delete empty paragraphs to save paper.

victorv
victorv
Local time: 10:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is there a way to replace external and internal tags based on the text color? Sep 18, 2007

Thanks Boris,

Is there a way to replace with nothing external and internal tags based on the text color? Else I'd have to look for each tag and delete it. And I am dealing with a 9 MB file!

Thank you!

Victor

Boris Kimel wrote:

Select all the text in Tag Editor (Ctrl-A), copy and paste it into a new Word file. Then replace grey text (external tags) and red text (internal tags) with nothing. Optionally delete empty paragraphs to save paper.

Boris Kimel
Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 11:31
English to Russian
+ ...
Yes! Sep 18, 2007

That's exactly what you need. Type nothing in both "Find what" and "Replace with" fields. Instead, press the "More..." button and then "Format" button. Choose 50% grey or red. The same procedure allows to get rid of source (hidden) text, if need arise.

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Agree with Boris Sep 18, 2007

Alternatively, if you have MS Word XP, you can select a bit of the red text (or the grey text), right-click it and, from the drop-down menu, click "Select text with similar format" (or something like that, I have MS Word in Spanish). This way all the text in red (or grey) will be selected, and you'll just need to press the Delete key to get rid of all text with that format.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to extract ONLY the text from a ttx file?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »