Thread poster: Jerzy Czopik

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:37
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Sep 21, 2007

Anyone experienced also this strange behaviour?
After having installed SP1 and working with rtf.ttx files (rtfs coming from MIF-conversions, then opened in Tageditor) I get duplicate spaces in all (or nearly all) matches from TM.
TM does certainly NOT contain those duplicate spaces, as I exported it to txt and checked with a text editor.
This makes working with Build 826 impossible! Either I must remove duplicate spaces from the segment or they are saved in TM.

Thx for any hints
Jerzy

PS
In the meantime I restored my system and am working with Build 822.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
if I were you I would ask Sep 21, 2007

Trados people, guess that is what it is all about certification. Best regards, Brandis

Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
problem with the file ? Sep 21, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

PS
In the meantime I restored my system and am working with Build 822.
Oh, and it does work with build 822? I was about to suggest you try with other files, because I had this problem quite a while ago, but it appeared the documents were faulty, not Trados.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Documents are ok Sep 21, 2007

This is an issue known for InDesign with fonts not installed on target system, when using display formatting. As I don't use display formatting at all and the files are not InDesign and also don't use a font I do not have, it is really strange.
With Build 822 no duplicate spaces anymore, strange.

Regards
Jerzy

Emma Gledhill
German to English
+ ...
I had similar with an import file Sep 21, 2007

I had a similar thing happen about 6 weeks ago on an ordinary TWB/Word job, all the matches from the supplied txt file for import had random multiple spaces - anything between 2 and 5. Thankfully the numbers of matches were relatively low and once I'd edited them and effectively saved them as new TUs as I went along, there was no longer a problem. I had assumed it was because the export file was the result of a process that started with PDFs converted to Word

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Gut feeling ... Sep 21, 2007

Anyone experienced also this strange behaviour?

Not this one, but in some other case(s), and that on XP and 822. Pure virtual calls, ASP source editor / debugger opening up ...

Beneath the surface, anyhow, there's a lot of feet busily paddling. It could well be, that some of the processes do not get synchronized properly.Or start to stutter like in the case you mention. Or maybe they got lost in the system (sigh), they are not alone.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Duplicate spaces after installing SP1 for SDL Trados 2007

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs