Thread poster: Marc Bleser

Marc Bleser  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:55
German to English
+ ...
Sep 22, 2007

Hello everybody!

I am working on a Multiterm database whose entries are all from the same source text.

Before adding entries from another source text, I would like to enter the source for these entries. Do I have to enter the source for each entry individually to do so or is there a way to enter the source for all entries at the same time?

Any help is appreciated!

Marc

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
reset Sep 22, 2007

Marc Bleser wrote:
Do I have to enter the source for each entry individually to do so or is there a way to enter the source for all entries at the same time?

Each individually, I'm afraid, within MT.
So maybe you'll want to export the termbase into word or excel and add an extra column for 'source'.
Stay in a (large scale) editable environment (word/excel); only when you think the thing is ready --only then you should convert it into a termbase (a new one is easiest).
Apply changes on an entry level (microscopic scale) as required.

Marc Bleser  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Sep 24, 2007

Thanks for your help.
I exported the termbase and opened it with Excel. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to add an additional source column since the document was read-only.
I then tried to save a copy of the document, but there again it wasn't possible to import its entries into a new database.

Did I overlook something?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Global changes in Multiterm

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums