mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:23
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 23, 2007

Hi

I had to reinstall my Windows XP Home and, though Trados and MS Office 2002 were perfectly preserved, the Trados 7 Freelance interface (toolbar and menu) has disappeared from Word and I am at a loss as to how to put it back on, so I can work with Word documents again.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:23
English to French
+ ...
Word settings Sep 23, 2007

Assuming that everything is installed correctly, all you would need to do now is this:

1. In Word, go to Tools > Templates and Add-ins.
2. Check the Trados template (I am currently using Trados 7.5, so mine is called Trados7.dot - yours should be similar).
3. Click OK.
4. Now, right-click in any toolbar area. In the context menu, click on TW4Win (this would be your Trados template, or if you prefer, the Trados toolbar).

The missing toolbar should now a
... See more
Assuming that everything is installed correctly, all you would need to do now is this:

1. In Word, go to Tools > Templates and Add-ins.
2. Check the Trados template (I am currently using Trados 7.5, so mine is called Trados7.dot - yours should be similar).
3. Click OK.
4. Now, right-click in any toolbar area. In the context menu, click on TW4Win (this would be your Trados template, or if you prefer, the Trados toolbar).

The missing toolbar should now appear. If you couldn't find either Trados7.dot (or something similar) or TW4Win, you should look for this in your Trados install folder (usually found under C:/Program Files/Trados or C:/Program Files/SDL International). It will be a .dot file and you just need to copy it into your Word startup folder (C:/Documents and Settings/[your Windows user name]/Application Data/Microsoft/Word/STARTUP). Then, just perform the steps above and all should work now as before.

All the best!
Collapse

mopc
mopc  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:23
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Sep 23, 2007

Thank you!

The second option worked, I copied and pasted the trados7.dot file into the MS Office startup folder! It's working now!

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to put Trados back on Word?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »