Multiterm 7 does not display target entries
Thread poster: Tarjuman
Tarjuman  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:48
English to Slovak
+ ...
Sep 23, 2007

Dear colleagues,

my multiterm does not display target languages after uploading termbase. It is Multiterm 7 version. I can see all the left part of the muliterm interface, but the left window, which is supposed to show the target languages is completely empty. Smb has ever encountered this? Thanx

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:48
English to Dutch
+ ...
Multiterm Convert XML files cause problems upon import in Multiterm 2007 Sep 24, 2007

Same thing here with converted Excel files. Right, large pane shows error message: invalid pointer.

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:48
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
This is a scandal! Jul 30, 2008

About 4 years and a couple of "upgrades" later, since when I installed MT IX, I keep getting Multiterm glossary as XML files that are not usable because target term does not show up in WB windows.

I know that there is a workaround somewhere, one should fiddle with the xml in a text editor or change some option in the import process. However it is so complicated that I cannot remember it from one occasional project to the next, and several times per year I am forced to spend hours looking in the forums and elsewhere for the solution.

I noticed this immediately and wanted to go back to normal MTW files, but apparently MT IX cannot cohexist on the same system with the old Multiterm 6, and disinstallation without loosing databases seems to be more cumbersome than disinstalling Norton AV products.

Now I have to run, if I want to find the solution before the client fires me...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 7 does not display target entries

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs