Thread poster: Tarjuman
Tarjuman  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:10
English to Slovak
+ ...
Sep 23, 2007

Dear colleagues,

my multiterm does not display target languages after uploading termbase. It is Multiterm 7 version. I can see all the left part of the muliterm interface, but the left window, which is supposed to show the target languages is completely empty. Smb has ever encountered this? Thanx

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:10
English to Dutch
+ ...
Multiterm Convert XML files cause problems upon import in Multiterm 2007 Sep 24, 2007

Same thing here with converted Excel files. Right, large pane shows error message: invalid pointer.

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:10
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
This is a scandal! Jul 30, 2008

About 4 years and a couple of "upgrades" later, since when I installed MT IX, I keep getting Multiterm glossary as XML files that are not usable because target term does not show up in WB windows.

I know that there is a workaround somewhere, one should fiddle with the xml in a text editor or change some option in the import process. However it is so complicated that I cannot remember it from one occasional project to the next, and several times per year I am forced to spend hours looking in the forums and elsewhere for the solution.

I noticed this immediately and wanted to go back to normal MTW files, but apparently MT IX cannot cohexist on the same system with the old Multiterm 6, and disinstallation without loosing databases seems to be more cumbersome than disinstalling Norton AV products.

Now I have to run, if I want to find the solution before the client fires me...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 7 does not display target entries

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs