It worked....

cris_c79 (X)
cris_c79 (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:35
English to Italian
+ ...
thank you Nov 2, 2007

Thank you very much, running the bat file works. It solved 2 problems, the "convert" command and the fact Word would crash anytime I would try to open Multiterm from there.
But now I ask myself, what kind of service is Trados offering if all teh support I get comes from translator's forum? I have not paid for the support but I believe they should offer it. They haven't even replied to the email I sent them about two weeks ago! And I find tehir support forum confusing and useless! If it wer
... See more
Thank you very much, running the bat file works. It solved 2 problems, the "convert" command and the fact Word would crash anytime I would try to open Multiterm from there.
But now I ask myself, what kind of service is Trados offering if all teh support I get comes from translator's forum? I have not paid for the support but I believe they should offer it. They haven't even replied to the email I sent them about two weeks ago! And I find tehir support forum confusing and useless! If it weren't for you I don't know what I could do!
Thanks again

Cristina
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:35
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Forum vs support Nov 2, 2007

Well, you could also very well find the same solution, when searching the free support database at http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=BziHTt2i&p_accessibility=0
What you get here in Forum is user experience. You are not paying for that, so you are also not expecting to much. Sometimes you'll get brill
... See more
Well, you could also very well find the same solution, when searching the free support database at http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=BziHTt2i&p_accessibility=0
What you get here in Forum is user experience. You are not paying for that, so you are also not expecting to much. Sometimes you'll get brillant solutions here, sometimes your question will remain unanswered for a log time.
When you buy a support contract with SDL, you'll have a guaranteed response time, what makes THE difference.
There are situatiosn, when searching the fora or looking through free ressources on the Internet are sufficient and fast enough, and there are also situations, when you need the soultion at once. For such situations a PSMA (support & maintenance agreement) is gold worth.

Jerzy
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
It is a real shame! May 16, 2009

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

What you get here in Forum is user experience. You are not paying for that, so you are also not expecting to much. Sometimes you'll get brillant solutions here, sometimes your question will remain unanswered for a log time.
When you buy a support contract with SDL, you'll have a guaranteed response time, what makes THE difference.
There are situatiosn, when searching the fora or looking through free ressources on the Internet are sufficient and fast enough, and there are also situations, when you need the soultion at once. For such situations a PSMA (support & maintenance agreement) is gold worth.

Jerzy

Unfortunately sdl.custhelp.com is not available anymore. SDL Trados is such a mountain of patches and workaround that a big percentage of its features do not work anymore or never did - and now are just false claims.

Support is not readily available, and even when found it mostly time lost. For the last 3 upgrades MT lost some functionality each time. As far as I can see, even the subscribers of special support agreements do not get their problems solved. I had to find some workaround for clients who did not get a proper help despite the expensive agreements subscribed.

In my opinion, considering the price I paid for the software, and the fact that the owner of the software is also a potential competitor, all this is highly unfair.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados service pack > multiterm convert no longer working

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »